My Blog List

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Making a birthday gift

I used book pages and some Alene's tacky glue, (note to self: pick a book without any cuss words, I almost sent this out with 2 inappropriate words showing) I painted all the wood black including the letter K. I glued on the purplish glitter and adhered the K to the frame.
I was inspired from Pinterest the other day and thought of making a birthday gift for a dear friends niece. She is turning 10 so I wanted to make something personalized for her. I picked up my supplies from Micheals and got right to work.

I sponged some of Tim Holtz black soot around the edges. 

close- up of the K

I then added what I call a diamond wash to the whole frame, it is hard to pick-up with the camera. 

another close-up of the "diamond wash" I created. I used 1 part glue, 3 parts water, 5 parts glitter. I didn't want the wash to be sticky and the glitter does rub off if the item is handled a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment