My Blog List

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

out takes from the photo shoot

this is Pepper helping out

the two kittens love to get in the pictures

Ginger getting groomed for her close-up

this is Gingers manager/agent Henry

now everyone is getting in the shot

we really know who the star is in this one.

It's finished yahooooo!

Well this is the finished product, I hot glued the flowers and brushed a "diamond wash" over all the frames.  

you can see the diamond wash better here. I combined water, glue, and glitter in a jar and brused the wash all over the frames.

It came out even better than I expected. I had such fun making it and Camille loves it. My next challenge is to figure how to attach the frames and hang it on her wall.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

I have a new project I am working

I got a great idea for decorating my daughters wall. Lucky for me my dear friend Ginny has been giving me soooo many wonderful treasures, I had enough wooden frames to make a name sign (I needed seven). 
I got these frames from my dear friend Ginny

I cut backgrounds for the frames

I used some cardboard to cut out the letters to my daughters name.

I painted the frames and letters a variety of colors using acrylic paint. 

here are the letters in the frames

I pulled out the punches it was time to make some flowers

these are the shapes I used. 

for me I choose the colors I want the paint the flowers, then punch out the shape and then paint them. I used to paint after I assembled the flowers but the petals stuck together and I was having to use my heat tool a lot.

after the shapes are colored I punch a hole for the brad and layer the shapes
a tip: start with the smallest shape first then add as many petals as you like.  

using a variety of shapes and kinds of paper you get a different looking flower

this is a sample of what is to come. I love the bling on the letter,  Camille came up with that one.
This is a far as I got with the project this weekend, I try to keep working on it as the week progresses.
I hope you enjoyed this take good care Cheers -Cyn \l"/

Thursday, August 18, 2011

halloween cards

Well I got a huge jump start (for me) on my Halloween Stamp Club challenge.  I am having a good day just letting the creative juices flow. Kids are letting me play, husband is busy doing other things.  I picked up some really cute things at the dollar spot at Joanns last night. They have paper, stamps, ink, ribbon, and even some tiny punches( I resisted them). Here's what I came up with so far. 
This is a black card with a semi circle of yellow for the moon. I stamped the bat and embossed it in black.  I stamped the sentiment and cut out some of the candy corns from the patterned paper. I made a ruffel from the patternded paper and added orange ribbon. The bat and sentiment are popped up with mounting tape.

this started from an orange card, I punched the "fence" piece from a Martha Stewart punch (I got at Ross for 4 bucks YEAH!) I used embrodery floss for the bow. I embossed the bat in black and gold glitter.  I distressed the edges using my black stamp pad.  The sentiment and bat are popped up.

This one is on the same orange paper, I folded a book page like a fan, and sponged it in orange and black.  I used the same punch to make the fence.  The moon is stamped and cut out and mounted. I samped the bat in black and popped it up.  I free handed the spider web. 

here they are as a trio.

I got help from my sweet and very talented daughter.  She came up with the idea that we should use the same supplies and make each others card. It was a wonderful idea and was a total success.

this is hers for me.

here they are together

I also had help from Nenis.
I stamped the spiderweb for the background on purple carrdstock, created a ruffle from patterned paper added glitter and embrodiery floss, I stamped the pumpkin and cut out. I stamped the sentiment and layered patterned and cardstock paper.  To make the card pop I added some purple bling. 

I embossed the web in silver and the sentiment too. I stamped the bat and pumpkins and cut out. I punched out the banner and stamped boo on it.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I added back ground stamping  and embossing, to break up all the white space.

had some help from Ginger 

I used a small doilley(sp) to mask some of its lacy shapes, I did it in pink here

I masked in light blue here

I hot glued the embellishments here, it took quite a while because my OCD took over. I finally just had to glue the first one down and go from there. I freed myself as I call it.

the judges agree that they really like my piece.

close up on the wall
 From here down I went crazy with the close-ups. If you have any questiuons feel free to leave a comment.
Punched flowers using  glossy colored book paper.

here is a layered flower using mulberry paper and book pages

clear embossed butterfly stamped on black paper

most of these are rolled pattern paper flower roses, also you can see the doilley I used in the masking process. Nothing ever waisted.