My Blog List

Thursday, August 18, 2011

halloween cards


Well I got a huge jump start (for me) on my Halloween Stamp Club challenge.  I am having a good day just letting the creative juices flow. Kids are letting me play, husband is busy doing other things.  I picked up some really cute things at the dollar spot at Joanns last night. They have paper, stamps, ink, ribbon, and even some tiny punches( I resisted them). Here's what I came up with so far. 
This is a black card with a semi circle of yellow for the moon. I stamped the bat and embossed it in black.  I stamped the sentiment and cut out some of the candy corns from the patterned paper. I made a ruffel from the patternded paper and added orange ribbon. The bat and sentiment are popped up with mounting tape.

this started from an orange card, I punched the "fence" piece from a Martha Stewart punch (I got at Ross for 4 bucks YEAH!) I used embrodery floss for the bow. I embossed the bat in black and gold glitter.  I distressed the edges using my black stamp pad.  The sentiment and bat are popped up.

This one is on the same orange paper, I folded a book page like a fan, and sponged it in orange and black.  I used the same punch to make the fence.  The moon is stamped and cut out and mounted. I samped the bat in black and popped it up.  I free handed the spider web. 

here they are as a trio.

I got help from my sweet and very talented daughter.  She came up with the idea that we should use the same supplies and make each others card. It was a wonderful idea and was a total success.

this is hers for me.

here they are together

I also had help from Nenis.
I stamped the spiderweb for the background on purple carrdstock, created a ruffle from patterned paper added glitter and embrodiery floss, I stamped the pumpkin and cut out. I stamped the sentiment and layered patterned and cardstock paper.  To make the card pop I added some purple bling. 

I embossed the web in silver and the sentiment too. I stamped the bat and pumpkins and cut out. I punched out the banner and stamped boo on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment