My Blog List

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My new favorite birthday card

I have fallen in love with this card design.  Of course I saw it on Pinterest somewhere.  It is my go to birthday card when I am in a rush.  It seems labor intensive but really it's not too hard. I have a photo tutorial of the candle making in my April 28, 2013, post.
to make the candles I use a wooden skewer and wrap the paper around it and glue the edge down.  (I try to match the number of candles to the age of the recipient)
I lay down a sticky strip of tape or glue the candles one by one. Using a paper pack helps with coordinating colors.
Inside I created a pocket to hold the gift card.
I added some gold cord, (you can see the sticky strip behind the candles in this shot). To make the flames I free hand cut paper and glued them inside the candle rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment