My Blog List

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Upcycled paperbag flower tutorial

These are the supplies you will need: paper lunch sacks, flower punches or die cuts, glue and scissors.

punch out several sizes of each flower, I didn't stop punching until  I had used up the whole bag. 

to make the  large size flower you need 3 large petals, 3 medium petals, and 2 small petals.

place a dab of glue in the center of all petals except the top small petal.

place the 3 large petals on top of each other alternating them so the petals overlap.

now it is time to layer the medium petals

finally place the 2 small petals with the one without glue on top.

I make about 4 at a time let them sit a bit and then it is time to pinch them into shape.

using my fingers I pinch from the bottom of the flower and shape the petals and fan them out.

keeping a tight squeeze of the flower I fluff it out and set it aside to dry. It is kind of important to let the glue set up a bit before the pinching process. 

when you have the shape you want let the flowers dry completely (I let them dry over night). 

they take on a very realistic look.  When they are dry you can paint them, glimmer mist them, or alter their color any way you want. If I am going to use the flowers right away I use my embossing gun to dry the color or glue, just don't burn the paper.

these are spiral flowers  

I just love when I get my supplies for "free". I made these from a El Pollo Loco bag.  Nothing is safe in our house.

I used the print from the brown bag to make the brown one and the white one is from a Kaiser prescription bag.

these are made using just the small punched petals.

these are the medium sized petals with 2 small petals in the center.

the spiral flowers.

When you get the technique down it goes quite fast. This is about 2 hours worth of work. 

here they are all nestled together.

No comments:

Post a Comment