My Blog List

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Nana's photo album gift.

Where do I start? I had an idea for Nana's 90th birthday to make her a family album with all her kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids. I knew it would not be easy and it would take a while; but I really wanted it to be special. I asked everyone to email me pictures or give me what they could so everyone would be represented. I gave my self four months to complete the challenge and I did it! This was done over a year ago but I couldn't figure out how to put the video I took of it on my blog so instead I borrowed the book and took pictures. You don't really get how all the pockets work and how the tags are in their pockets but I hope you like it anyway. I got the idea for the actual structure from Laura Denison on the internet. She has a Ustream channel and I think this is her gate fold mini album i copied. I used K&Co. papers and all the embellishments I could find or make. I distressed the heck out of it with Tim Holtz distress inks. I made all the 3-D flowers using punches. I have EK Success, Fiskers and Martha Stewart punches. No scrap was thrown away that couldn't be converted into an embellishment. There is about a ton of Alene's glue holding it all together.  Most of the photos were on regular printer paper and that was nice when I glued them to the pages of the album. I started with her oldest child and continued to the youngest and at the end of the album it is a variety of the left over pictures. Nana has 3 sons, 8 grandchildren, and so far 17 great-grandchildren. Enjoy.









































No comments:

Post a Comment