My Blog List

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Quick B-Day card



I work with one of the nicest, friendliest, funniest, most generous ladies I have ever met. Yes, I gush but spending 180 days with someone through thick and thin can really bond a person.  I am a sign language interpreter and I work mostly in the education setting.  I work kinder to college.  This year has been the best year I have had in a long time. I work in 4th grade with 2 students and their teacher Terri is a friend of mine. She has been a teacher for quite a while and still has passion for her work and wants to make a difference. I admire her love for her job, that is not to say there are not bad days but she handles it so well.  Anyway, her birthday was last week and I wanted to make her something special.



I punched out some petals for the flower. I ripped a page from a dictionary and distressed it in brown.  I punched the leaves and sponged them in green. I used a roller stamp for the back ground and hand cut the tag and strips of paper glued to the top.

I added an punched butterfly and some tulle behind the flower.

I found this Mexican lavender at Sprouts and since I knew Terri likes to garden I hoped she could put this some place under a window and smell the beautiful scent all the time.  I punched out the pink tags and used some thickers to spell out happy birthday. Then I stapled them to a string and used some skewers to tie it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment