My Blog List

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My second round of glitter clips.

I am at it again with my glitter clips. These are the tools I used for my clips. 

Using a paint brush I put the glue on the clip.

After the glue is on, shake on the glitter.

I leave the glitter on the clips until I am done with all the clips I want in that color.  

When all clips are done in that color I tap it off.

I work one side at a time and let it dry.  

I always use a scrap piece of paper under my work so I can return the excess glitter back into the container.  

Back it goes.


To keep the glitter in place longer I apply a thin layer of clear acrylic sealer.  I do this outside because of the intense smell from the sealer.  It takes about one day for the smell to go away.

I have had a time where I added too much sealer and the glitter didn't have much shine. The lighter I go with the sealer the better it turns out.  

I will be selling my crafts at a boutique in a few weeks so I wanted to make a box to display the clips. Being the thrifty girl I am, I used an empty Bisquick box.  I figured out the dimensions I wanted for my box(I really just eyeballed the size) and cut away the pieces I did not need.  

After deciding on the dimensions I wanted for depth  the box I scored it on both sides.  I outlined it in black to show you here.

To make the sides, cut just to the first line about an inch or so on all four sides.  

I didn't take a picture of this, but I glued a piece of patterned paper over the yellow side of the box.  I used Alene's tacky glue and used some clothes pins to make it stay.

When all is said and done I wished I had folded the pattern paper over the side of the box.  You can still see a little bit of the yellow under the edge of the paper.

Here is the finished product.  

No comments:

Post a Comment