My Blog List

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Revamping some old 4th of July decorations

Hi there, this post should have been edited weeks ago. Sorry for the July throw back. I have been lacking in my blogging.  Anyway...... Here are some stars I revamped.  I almost tossed these because the colors had faded from hanging in my front window for many fourths of July.  Thankfully I stopped myself and look what happened. I hope you like this transformation and are inspired to give some of your items a makeover too.  

Basically I just used some old book pages and tore them to fit inside the outline of the stars. Then I decoupaged the torn paper onto the stars.  I liked how a bit of the original color from the star still peeked out.  
For the embellishments I used some paper from K&Co. I found at Ross.  I used my scallop punch and punched out two scallops and then accordion folded them and adhered them to each other.  I used my glue gun to adhere the medallion to the star.  Then I popped a gem into the center.  

For this medallion I scored a piece of 12 x18 (I had to lengthen the paper after I scored it) paper every quarter inch and used score tape to attach it to itself.  

Here is a side by side pix.


I used various sizes of medallions and centers.  

As the glue was drying from the decoupage  I added some silver glitter that you can kind of see here.  

There are a total of 6 stars and it didn't take very long to complete the transformation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment