My Blog List

Monday, July 18, 2011

recycling old clothes or material into someting pretty

this is the shirt before I got to it.

supplies I  used
for the large flower,  I cut about a 2 inch by 10 inch strip off the shirt.

I folded it in half and stitched the wrong sides togethet all the way to the end.
I didnt tie off the thread but pulled the thread gently and gathered the material.




As you pull the material it will gather and you will need to encourage it to form a flower shape.

add some stitches to secure the flower so it will not unravel.

this is the finished product.

here are a few variations with the same material.

the flower with the leaves is a held together with fabrick tack glue.  It is done with  twisting the material and a glueing as you go.

I get a little sad when Camille grows out of her cute little clothes, but her loss has become my gain.  I have found so many wonderful Youtube or blog sites that teach how to re-purpose varrious items. Today it was old t-shirt.  Camille, my little fashion bug has so many colorful clothes that I seem to have an endless supply. I get a little thrill when old things get a new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment